A FRESH NEW WAY TO STYLE A MINI DRESS

minidress.jpg

IMG_5983copy.JPG

IMG_5988copy.JPG

IMG_5960copy.JPG

IMG_5981copy.JPG

IMG_5992copy.JPG

IMG_5950copy.JPG


FREE PEOPLE TUNIC  ||  JEANS  ||  BAG  ||  FREE PEOPLE ESPADRILLES (so comfortable, and on sale!) 

Mini dress are some of my favorite pieces to wear. But since I don't wear super short dresses, I always style them with jeans underneath, creating a simple and easy outfit combination that's great for dressing up or dressing down. I have tons of these mini dresses in my closet, both casual and dressy, and they're definitely some of my most worn pieces.

Free People makes the most gorgeous mini dresses with impeccable detailing and prints. I spotted this one from across Nordstrom the other day and was instantly drawn to it. The prints are sort of loud and wild, but together they somehow work and make a really stunning top. Plus I'm such a sucker for the lace-up necklines -- I think they add such a pretty, feminine detail (and here's a tip -- just wear a nude cami underneath if the lace up is too low for your liking).

Lately I've been trying to find new ways to give pieces in my closet new life, and I realized a simple little knot in a mini dress gives it a whole new silhouette. This works best on really lightweight fabrics, like the fabric for this dress, and not only does it elongate your legs since you can see more of them, but it also gives your style a little modern twist. This trick also works really well with maxi and midi dresses! Think you'll try it??


Below I've linked to some of my other favorite tunics, like this embroidered babydoll style dress (it comes in a few colors, but the red is my favorite!), and this simple mini shift dress that comes in a ton of colors. I have and love this dress in red (you can see me wearing it here), but it's gorgeous in cobalt blue, and it also comes in black! This one has such gorgeous detailing, and would look killer with white denim and black or nude heels! This one is cute, and perfect for a little hem knot as well!


350.gifJavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.


created in partnership with Nordstrom  ||  photos by rad and happy 

0 komentari:

Objavi komentar