Striped top | Green skirt


As a perpetual over-thinker I've spent the past week wondering how to appropriately address my decision to return to blogging.
A million questions have been spinning around my head. 

Should I make a blog post about my reasons for coming back? Should I explain what I missed about the blog and connecting with everyone?
Should I just get back to blogging as if nothing happened? 
Should I be embarrassed that I look indecisive? Am I being judged for it?

And as with a lot of things in life, I have come to a very prolific conclusion...
I don't know.
I just don't know the answer to all of those questions. But I will try to explain a little bit about what I did realize:

After agonizing over the decision for months and then finally making the decision to stop blogging, I felt like a huge weight was taken off my shoulders. Not having the blog to work on, I had free time to spare. I started reading again as a hobby; which I was thrilled about. I stayed off social media on some days and it felt great. I didn't have to take photos of my outfits and it was freeing.

But then something unexpected happened: the novelty of all of the above wore off.
I couldn't believe it. I was so sure that I had made the right decision, and now I felt like my favorite hobby and something that had helped define me was gone. And nothing else could replace it, because a piece of me was missing.

And once again the soul-searching commenced.
Clearly, I do a lot of soul-searching, you guys. ;)

And what I came to after Soul Searching Round Two is that yes, I have changed. But my blog is still a big part of who I am and what I want to continue doing. That still doesn't solve the time issue. But in the end, you make time for what's important, right? Right.

I will say, however, that my gut was correct in that I needed change. Maybe I just needed a break. Maybe the blog didn't feel like me because I didn't post much about anything except outfit photos. Maybe I need to use my own voice a bit more (like I do on Instagram). Maybe the I could give the blog a small re-design or facelift. Maybe I could expand my posts to include Q&A sessions.
The point is, there are so many possibilities!
And I'm excited. :)
I hope you continue to join me in my journey, fiends.
And if you're just here for the outfit pics, that's okay too!



striped%2B.jpg
Striped top- gifted | Similar 1, 2, 3 | My fave
Green pencil skirt- The Limited | Similar 1, 2 (Plus!) | Love this one
White blazer- H&M | Similar 1, 2, 3, 4
Black flats with gold chain- Target | Nearly identical | Love these gold-accented ones 1, 2, 3
Pearl necklace c/o Blossom Jewelry Design
White & rose gold watch c/o Wristology (exact) | Use code GORGEOUS20 for 20% off
Pyramid Cuff c/o Erika Lehman for Stella & Dot | Similar


Shop The Look:


_________________________________
Follow along on:


0 komentari:

Objavi komentar