A REVIEW OF MY SIX FAVORITE PAIRS OF BLUE JEANS

Jeans are my wardrobe staple. Besides Sundays, when I'm wearing a skirt or dress to church, you'll see me in jeans ninety-nine percent of the time.

I get a ton of questions about my jeans, so I'm rounding up my favorite six pairs of blue jeans that I wear all the time, and giving you the scoop on all of them. (I did the same for maternity jeans here and here if you're in the market for those!)

Some of you ask "if I could only pick one, which one?" And the reality is that I like them all for different reasons, and like to have a variety of jeans for different occasions and outfits. So it's really tough to pick just one. But if I HAD to, I'd choose my DL1961's. They are a perfect color of wash, super flattering, and the distressing is minimal enough that they can be dressed up or dressed down.

That being said, these are in no particular order:

1. DL1961 Emma Power Legging (currently on sale for 40% off, but limited sizing -- same jeans in a different wash here)

IMG_6116copy.JPG
Things I love about these jeans:

  • They're a nice stretchy denim with a great hugging fabric. They suck you in and don't stretch out or sag at all. Even after several wears. 
  • They're a great length. Most of my jeans need to be cuffed, but I almost never cuff these because they're a perfect ankle length so they work perfectly with heels, boots, sandals, and sneakers. 
  • They run true to size
  • They have a nice skinny ankle that requires no alteration, and hugs my calves perfectly. 
  • The pocket placement on the back is very flattering
  • Front pockets are real



Photo%2BAug%2B23%252C%2B8%2B29%2B15%2BPM

Things I like about these jeans
  • I like a medium amount of distressing on my jeans, and this is just enough, and is attractive distressing
  • They're fitted through the calf
  • They have real pockets in the front
  • The pocket placement and size on the back are really flattering
  • They're a nice medium weight stretchy denim, and they take a few wears to start stretching out. 

Things I don't love about these jeans
  • They're a little bit too long. I'm 5'6 and I usually wear a regular length, but these ones are a couple of inches too long. I like my jeans to hit about an inch above my ankle bone, and I had to tuck these ones up to make them shorter.
  • They run big. Order one size down


3. American Eagle Distressed Jeggings

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B9%2B09%2B23%2BAM

Things I like about these jeans:

  • They have distressing, but they're fully lined
  • They're stretchy, but they're more of a thick denim, so they're a little warmer and sturdier. 
  • They're a good length and don't always need a cuff, although with boots I always like to cuff them like I did in the image above. 
  • They have real front pockets
  • Fitted through the leg
Things I don't love about these jeans:
  • They stretch out after a few wares (obviously not a huge deal -- just wash them and they're back to normal!)


4. Blank NYC boyfriend jeans

Photo%2BSep%2B04%252C%2B7%2B40%2B14%2BPM

Things I like about these jeans:

  • These are hands down the best boyfriend jeans I have ever found. You need a pair RIGHT NOW. 
  • They run TTS -- don't size up! 
  • They stretch out during the day, so even if they start a little more fitted, they'll be slouchier within an hour or two. 
  • The distressing is just enough
  • They're a nice soft, lived-in fabric. The fabric is medium weight and sturdy, but not uncomfortable at all
Things I don't like about these jeans
  • They have to be washed in between every wear or else they get too baggy
  • The top hole is too high for me, so I patched it and shared a tutorial here.
  • I ordered a few pairs of these and some of them have a sort of tie-dyed coloring to them. It's not the case with all of them (the ones I kept didn't have it at all), but every pair seems to be a little bit different. So I'd recommend ordering a couple of pairs and then choosing the one with the color you like best. 

5. Dittos Jessica Jeggings (this exact pair isn't currently available...it's usually restocked within a few weeks. But the same style, different wash is available here or another wash here)

Photo%2BJul%2B14%252C%2B1%2B22%2B45%2BAM

Things I like about these jeans
  • They run pretty TTS, but maybe a tiny bit on the small size. Order up if you're nervous. 
  • They're super stretchy and lightweight
  • They're nicely fitted in the legs
  • They're super flattering
Things I don't like about these jeans
  • They have fake front pockets, which drives me nuts.
  • They're really long, so I always have to cuff them, but they're so thin so the cuffing is less bulky than any of my other jeans
  • The cuffs are pretty stiff so with the skinny ankles they're kind of hard to get off over my feet!
  • They're the lowest rise of all my jeans, which I don't love. 


Abercrombie Super Skinny Jeans (on sale for under $40!):

DSC_5679.JPG

Things I like about these jeans:

  • I love that they don't have any distressing. Most of my other jeans have distressing, so it's good to have one pair without. 
  • they're fitted through the legs
  • They're a good mid wash


Things I don't like about these jeans:

  • They're a little bit long, and require a cuff (order in "short" length if needed!)
  • The pockets are a little bit small for me, so the backside is a tiny bit less flattering for my body
  • They stretch out after a day and need to be re-washed
  • They run one size big -- order down!



 Any other questions about these jeans? I might sharing a little special feature with these jeans over on snapchat today if you're following along -- my username is merricksart. 



0 komentari:

Objavi komentar