HOW TO STYLE SNEAKERS WITH DRESSES

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B8%2B50%2B02%2BAM

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B8%2B52%2B16%2BAM

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B8%2B51%2B15%2BAM

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B8%2B52%2B25%2BAM

Photo%2BAug%2B11%252C%2B8%2B49%2B55%2BAM

dress (made by me, tutorial here)  ||  sneakers  ||  bag  ||  sunglasses

I haven't done a dressed up/dressed down post in ages, but when I made this ruffle hem dress last week, I just had to shoot it casually. In fact, as I was making it, sneakers were the styling choice that kept coming to my brain. (you can see how I dressed it up here)

Dresses and skirts are always a little trickier to dress down, but with the right combination it can create such a chic and effortless look.

It's pretty easy to dress up -- heels and a clutch make everything dressy. But with dressed down, try these tips:

1. Choose the right sneakers. For me, the less bulky the sneaker, the better. I recently got these ones and have been wearing them to death, but I also love these ones and these ones.

2. Go with a small semi-casual bag. Since your dress is dressy and your shoes are casual, you want a bag that bridges the gap between the two. I think crossbody bags are the best choice for a semi-casual bag, and I love this one, especially because it's white so it ties in the shoes even more.

3. Don't you dare wear socks. Especially with skirts and dresses, this kills the entire look. Find sneakers that are comfortable enough to wear without socks, or get those little half socks that won't ever show.

4. Think about the silhouette of your dress. Basically any style of dress will work with the right pair of sneakers -- t-shirt dresses, fit and flare, maxi, midi, cocoon, and trapeze. But the key is to pair the right sneakers with the right style of dress. For a midi dress, choose a sneaker with a stacked sole to give you a little extra leg lengthening.  For your t-shirt dresses, anything goes --  try a sleek athletic sneaker, a converse sneaker, or a slip on sneaker. And for more feminine dresses, wear a smaller, more subtle sneaker like I'm wearing above.

shop some of my favorite dresses here:


350.gifJavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

and favorite sneakers here:


350.gifJavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

photos by rad and happy

0 komentari:

Objavi komentar