DIY BELL SLEEVE SWING DRESS

Photo%2BOct%2B07%252C%2B6%2B21%2B57%2BPM

Photo%2BOct%2B07%252C%2B6%2B20%2B21%2BPM

Photo%2BOct%2B07%252C%2B6%2B20%2B37%2BPM

Photo%2BOct%2B07%252C%2B6%2B22%2B12%2BPM

Bell sleeves and ruffles are two huge trends this season, and I can't get enough of them! I'm adding ruffles to a few of the pieces I'm make lately (like this top) because it makes them so visually interesting, and they're super easy.

I teamed up with Janome sewing machines today to create this pretty little fall dress and try out their brand new Janome Skyline S9 Embroidery and Sewing Machine. My original sewing machine that I got as a hand-me-down from my mom after I got married was a super old Janome, so I love seeing how far they've come since my days of using that old beater, and these are incredible!

Most of the clothing I create requires pretty basic techniques, but the S9 machine that I'm sewing on is a brand new machine in their Skyline collection and it has a bunch of new features that are actually super helpful in creating a smoother sewing experience. Like the amazing needle threader, the automatic foot lifter, and some new stitches. I also love the wide foot pedal (it took some getting used to) because my foot never slips off, the easy touchscreen to change options, and I love that it comes with a complete embroidery system, which I haven't tried, but I'm excited to soon!

But more importantly than all the bells and whistles for me is that it makes the basics of sewing easy and efficient. I'm always sewing during naptime, so the time I have to sew is limited and super precious. The s9 makes it easy to add a quick zipper, put in a neckline, add buttons, or create pleates or pintucks, all so quickly and efficiently.

I'm excited to share this really cute fall dress on the blog with you today! It's a perfect dress for wearing in the summer with sandals, but in the fall with boots. I paired mine with navy Hunter boots for a pretty "apple picking" dress and I love how it turned out.


Click READ MORE to find the tutorial or click HERE.


READ MORE

0 komentari:

Objavi komentar