VELVET RUFFLE TOP (inspired by Lela Rose)

Merrick's Art Velvet Ruffle Hem DIY

Merrick's Art Papyrus NYFW


A few years ago I decided I wanted to go to New York Fashion Week. Two years ago, two of my best friends went together and begged me to go with them, but the timing was wrong and with my little kids I just couldn't make it happen. Plus, I felt like if I was really going to make the effort to go and leave my family and fly across the entire country, I wanted it to be really worth it. I wanted to be able to attend as many fashion shows as I could, and make as many connections as possible, and two years ago I just didn't feel like I was able to do that in the way I wanted.

This year I was finally feeling in a position to really make that happen, and so I was over the moon excited when I had the opportunity to team up with Papyrus to make this dream become a reality. You can take a peek at what I wore during my time there right here.

Papyrus, as you might know, is a stationary brand. They create the most gorgeous and fantastic greeting cards and stationary, and although they've been a part of NYFW for a few years, this year they teamed up with two designers to make some incredible cards based off of these designers runway looks.

The runway shows are the most incredible experience, especially as a seamstress myself, but as you probably know, so many of the runway pieces are not really wearable in real life.

So today I'm taking one of the Papyrus designer cards and sharing a more everyday piece that I created, inspired by the runway piece from this Lela Rose Papyrus card:

Merrick's Art Papyrus NYFW

I loved the ruffle silhouette of the Lela Rose Dress, so I used that as my base and instantly knew I wanted something with layered ruffles.

I also loved the color combination of purple and white on the card. I chose more of a berry color, since I thought it suited my skin tone better, and did it in a beautiful velour since velvet is a huge for fall. I chose to do the same boxy silhouette, and then paired it with white jeans to get the color contrast like in the card. I added gray heels and a low messy bun to create a really fun and trendy night out look from this dressy runway look.

I also love the way this top looks with distressed blue jeans, and you know I'll be wearing it with sneakers!

Merrick's Art Papyrus NYFW

Merrick's Art Papyrus NYFW

Merrick's Art Papyrus NYFW

I'm sharing the tutorial below today. Click READ MORE to find it, or click here.


READ MORE

0 komentari:

Objavi komentar